Got two minutes before your next appointment and want a high-leverage way to use that time? Try one of these social-media activities:
- Search your name, company name or brand name on search.twitter.com and reply to someone who’s posting about you
- Write a 110-character tip in your subject area, and publish it to your Facebook page and Twitter
- Make an incredibly insightful comment on a blog post written by a leader in your industry
- Add 3 more topics to your list of blog posts to write (you do have a list of blog posts you plan to write, right? It’s the simplest way to avoid bloggers block known to man!)
- Change out your picture on your Facebook profile or page
- Send birthday greetings to one of your Facebook followers
- Send out a link to one of your most impactful archived blog posts to your Twitter/Facebook audience
- Answer a question asked by someone connected to you on LinkedIn
- Find someone you’ve worked with on LinkedIn who you would be comfortable recommending and make a note to write that recommendation soon
- Embed a relevant video into one of your blog posts
- Add another industry guru to a followers group in TweetDeck or Seesmic, so that you isolate posts from key people
- Retweet a post by someone from your industry guru followers group
- Block out the dates of an upcoming social media conference to make sure you are able to attend
- Approve comments on your blog
- Scan your twitter feed and DM list looking for trolls and promotional people and unfollow them immediately
- Start a conversation with one of your followers
- Click the like button on a comment by someone on your Facebook feed
- Clean up your RSS feed reader – kicking out blogs/feeds that no longer add value
- Make sure your Flip or Video camera is fully charged and with you so you’re ready at any moment to grab a great video!
- Make a list of 5 social media resolutions for this week that you might not have otherwise gotten done
- Jot a note to someone offering to set up a reciprocal guest-blogging arrangement
Bonus: Do 5 of these a day – and they’ll build upon each other – magnifying your results exponentially!
What else do you do to leverage 2 minutes into social media success? Share it with us in the comments below!
These are all great ideas. I plan on printing this out and sharing with my team.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Good thoughts, Don. Thanks!