WordPress Plugins: Choosing What To Install
One of the most frequently-asked questions I receive is “which WordPress plugins should I install.”
This video shows you a strategy of how to make that decision, plus it shows you some of my personal favorite plugins:
In a sec, I'll give you the list of some of my favorites, but it really is worth your time to watch the video to see the strategy I use to choose which plugins I select, which will save you tons of time, frustration and worry.
Here's the list of plugins referred to in the video:
- Akismet for comment spam
- Google Analytics for WordPress, easily hooks WordPress to Google Analytics
- All In One SEO Pack – the changes WordPress should make
- Google XML Sitemaps – creates a google sitemap, important for SEO
- Fast Secure Contact Form — allows visitors to send you email
- ShareThis — social sharing buttons in many different iterations
- W3 Total Cache — creates flat (not dynamic) files
- Disqus Comment System — Replaces wordPress comment system with more socially-aware system
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin — shows related posts from your blog
- WP-DB-Backup — backs up your WordPress database
- Smart YouTube — easily insert YouTube videos
- Exclude Pages from Navigation — allows you to remove pages from your nav bar
- AskApache Password Protect — adds level of protection for passwords
- Dynamic Content Gallery — Creates a dynamic image gallery
- FD Feedburner Plugin — redirects all feeds to a Feedburner feed
- Featured Content Gallery — creates a rotating image gallery
- Twitter Tools — integrates your blog with Twitter
- WordPress Firewall — blocks suspicious-looking requests to WordPress
- 1-click Retweet/Share/Like — Puts a Like button on posts
- WP Security Scan — performs a security scan of your WordPress installation
- WP Touch — formats your site with a mobile theme
What do you think of the strategy I present in the video? What are YOUR favorite plugins? Share them in the comments below!
want more traffic and sales?
Hi, I'm Don Crowther, and one of the things I love most is helping you build your traffic and sales. The only question is - is that what you want too?
If it is, click the button below, and I'll send you powerful tools and techniques to help you achieve that goal.