â€œWhy isnâ€™t social media working for me?â€
Chances are… you’re doing something wrong!
You need to understand how social media works and how to use it to your advantage. It is simple, but so is riding a bike. We all had to learn how to do that, right?
Itâ€™s Worth Doing It Right
- Â One of the most important things is to keep your profile updated with relevant material. Let your audience know things about you and your company that will encourage them to do business with you.
- Change things up a bit. Donâ€™t always post the same things. Think about the things you like to see or read on social media. You get tired of seeing the same things over and over, donâ€™t you? Well, your audience does, too.
- Make it relevant. Tie your business in to current events (Google Trends is a great resource for that).
- Make it about them. Don’t always be selling, selling, selling. No one likes that!
- Share customer/client success stories. Everyone likes those!
You may like to talk about how great your pet is, and sure, your customers or clients may like to hear that occasionally. They probably would like to hear more about your expertise, though, and how it can help them.
Remember social media is replacing an in-person experience with an online experience. You donâ€™t have your facial expressions to keep someone interested, so you have to find other creative ways to do so.
This article tells you some things that you shouldnâ€™t do.http://businessinbluejeans.com/2012/07/7-warning-signs-using-social-media-wrong/
What do you think is one of the most important things to get right on social media?