11 Types Of Blog Posts You Should Create!
You’ve heard it from me a million times. And you hear it all over the Internet: blogging every day is smart. It’s great for SEO and great for PR and great for customer relations. Blogging is like the online marketing multi-vitamin.
And there’s the problem.
While it’s as good for you as taking a daily vitamin – blogging sure doesn’t feel as easy as taking a vitamin. Especially when you’re sitting at your desk, staring at that blank screen. Again.
Here are my top 11 thought-starters that I turn to when I am hitting “Blogger’s Block”
- Stop writing and start ‘filming’. Take an older blog post, update it a bit and use it to make a video blog post.
- Bonus idea: Create a video from your Powerpoint!
- Present! Recycle PowerPoint presentations you already have and create blog posts around them, using the slides as images.
- Poll them. Start a polls or survey. Readers love them.
- Recommend. Pick 3-4 of your favorite bloggers and write a paragraph introducing each, and why you love them.
- Make them laugh. Don’t be afraid to be funny. Mix in a humorous story here and there.
- Reward them. Speaking of talking to your readers – create a contest for them. It’s a great way to keep them engaged.
- Monitor and post about your industry’s news and trends. Hint: Google Alerts, Google Trends and Google Reader.
- Heal them. Think about what your customer’s biggest points of pain are – and then address them outright in a post.
- Celebrate them! Know of a great success one of your customer’s has recently enjoyed? Write a whole post around them. They’ll love it and your other customers will hope you one day feature them!
- Get someone else to do it. Your employees or colleagues or vendors could be your perfect guest bloggers.
What types of posts have you found to be most successful? Let me know by posting a comment below. And please don’t forget to Like, Tweet, Pin and Google+ this post!