Covid-19 has affected us all, some way more than others.
So how do you manage your emotions during this important time?
Here are a few of the things I’ve found helpful in keeping me up and functioning in times of stress and struggle.
1. Instead of focusing on what I can’t do, this is a wonderful time to focus on the great opportunity this gives us to draw closer with our family.
2. Look at this as an opportunity to build positives by trying to give at least 5 compliments to one of the members of your family every day.
3. Grow things. Literally, grow a plant! If plants bring you joy, grow plants. Life, surrounding us brings joy.
4. Pick up the phone and call the older people you love. Build memories, ask them to tell you stories, and tell them you love them.
5. Stop obsessing with the news. It doesn’t help you. What’s going to happen will happen whether you know about it instantly or not. You’ll hear about everything important you really need to know even if you don’t pay attention to the news or Facebook.
Let’s stay happy out there!